Community Employment Program
The Community Employment team provides services to traditionally under-served populations (displaced workers and unemployed and underemployed individuals). These populations obtain supportive services for successful completion of programs and entry into productive employment with opportunities for advancement.
Our workforce development program embraces community organizations by providing a foundation of cooperation through local entities. We supply appropriate placement recommendations for project contractors and sub-contractors. Participants for employment are provided with quality educational courses, which promote self-sufficiency and meet employers’ needs.
The Community Employment Program provides the following services:
- Information and resources for construction opportunities and careers for community residents
- Enhancement of minority, women and local employment utilization goals
- Acts as a community based labor resource for contractors, consultants, suppliers, and vendors
- Referrals and sponsorship for educational, technical and OSHA training
- Partner with community based organizations for workforce development
- Enhancement of ongoing workforce development within the community
- Recruit and retain qualified labor force for construction positions
The Community Outreach Team coordinates all project activities involved with the community engagement and interaction. McKissack conducts and supports community based event outreach meetings and promotes public informational workshops—an open dialogue to address community concerns and report ongoing progress to our clients. In addition, Community Employment staff will participate in bi-weekly progress discussions where contractors, Design and Construction staff and Construction Managers report on-going progress and utilize strategic systems to reach local and minority hiring goals.